GDPR Data Protection
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) has a legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather via my website, and why, and what your rights are.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
The Purpose of processing Client DataIn order to give professional complementary treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR), I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is
- my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
- my requirement to hold your information for 7 years for the following legal reasons:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance
- law regarding children’s records
- CNHC requirements to retain information
- As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
Complementary NOT Alternative
These treatments are complementary, not alternative, to any medication support you may be receiving. They can provide a natural opportunity to manage symptoms, calm stress and anxiety and improve quality of sleep. But should you have a medical condition, particularly those listed below, please continue to seek advice from your medical practitioner.
Pregnancy I am fully qualified in Pregnancy Reflexology and Reiki is totally safe in pregnancy. I have highlighted other treatments I can provide during pregnancy with a (P).
Male Clients: I have many male clients. But new male clients are by referral only due to the location and nature of my business.
Reiki is safe to use on any condition, unless you have a pace maker or an unset broken bone.
Contraindication (limitations to treatments)
This list contains conditions I cannot treat, or can only treat with confirmation from your GP:
- Contagious medical conditions
- Unstable heart conditions
- Acute undiagnosed pain
- Under influence of drugs/alcohol
- Type 1 diabetes
- During Chemotherapy/radium treatment
- Brakes/fractures to area of treatment
- Resent scar tissue on area of treatment
- Below varicose veins
I cannot treat feet that have contagious conditions such as verruca, athletes foot, nail infection etc. Vinyl Gloves may be used in these instances. I cannot treat unclean feel.
if you have any of the below contra-indications please seek medical advice.
- Severe polyhydramnios or oligohydramnios
- Placenta previa (if this is grade ii – iv sometimes it is advisable to cease treatments from 32 weeks
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Vaginal bleeding
Drinking water after all therapy, particularly Reflexology and Trigger Point, is important as treatments stimulate toxin release that needs to be flushed out.
It is also important that you are aware that the body is going through a period of re-balancing and self healing. You may feeling amazing after, or you may feel like you are detoxing? This period will followed by an improvement in your original condition.
You may feel a little tender (like after excercise) after firm tension release bodywork. Point due to the depth of the muscle work involve, but you should already be feeling improvement in the areas of tension/pain. Relax and take it easier after the treatment to give your muscles time to re-balance.
10 to 20 Minute Daily Relaxation and De-Stress
Did you know that a lot of muscle tension is caused from stress, emotional restrain and physical repetition? If you are busy person, clearing your mind may not be easy to do, so do not be too hard on yourself. Below are some videos that may help you:
How stress effects your body:
Body Scan Relaxation:
Breathing Control Excercise:
Migraines and Headaches
Stress and muscle tension can cause Migraines and headaches. But other triggers can include your monthly hormonal cycle, dehydration and certain foods or drinks. Prevention tools can include:
- Vitamin B12, magnesium and Omega 3 are recorded as being helpful for migraine, but check with your GP first.
- Increase your daily water intake and decrease your caffeine intake (coffee, tea, green tea, Coke, energy drinks).
- Keeping a diary noting when you get a migraine or headache, food eaten and water intake may help you see a pattern or trigger.
- It may also help to maintain a healthy lifestyle by introducing regular exercise (long walks etc) to boost oxygen flow and ensuring you eat regular and healthy meals.
- Sufficient and restful sleep is important, so taking time to relax before bed, taking 20 minutes to focus on deep breathing, clearing your mind of daily worries, listening to meditation CDs and of course massage can help support this.
Please talk to your GP about unusual painful ongoing or frequent occurrences with other unusual symptoms (i.e loss of coordination, blurb vision, neck stiffness, rashes etc):
Helpful link: http://www.migrainetrust.org/
Sinus Pressure and Pain
Sinuses are small air spaces in the skull, found in the forehead, nose, eyes and cheeks. They open out into the nose, allowing mucus to drain and air to circulate normally. The small opening from the sinuses to the nose can become blocked, which leads to a build-up of pressure inside the sinuses and headaches. Massage and pressure point stimulation can relieve these problems. Your GP can give you guidance on sinus support, but other natural support for sinus problems can include:
- Drinking lots of water is known to support sinus problems
- Apply warm packs to your face for short periods (where no temperature is present) can soothe your pain and help mucus drain from your sinuses.
- Clean the inside of your nose with a salt water solution to help unblock your nose and reduce nasal discharge - talk to your pharmacist or GP about how to do this.
- Stimulating facial pressure points at home can provide some relief.
Here are some links to websites that provide advice on conception and infertility.
Trying for a baby can be an emotional time. Here is a link on how to support yourself.